Are you a Veterinary student looking for 1 on 1 mentorship that will prepare you for a successful and fulfilling career? Tender Care Veterinary Center provides comprehensive mentorship, Internship and Externship programs to prepare you with gold standard skills needed to thrive in the veterinary industry. Send us your cover letter and resume highlighting your ability to collaborate with a caring, committed team. Sign on bonuses available to qualified applicants!
Anticipated Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine
Positive Attitude, Strong Team Skills, and the ability to challenge yourself
Tender Care Veterinary Center is excited to have the ability to offer year-round veterinary student externship opportunities. Externship opportunities are open to 3rd and 4th year Doctor of Veterinary Medicine students. Externship rotations are available to provide exposure and hands-on experience in many areas of veterinary medicine including General Practice, Emergency and Urgent Care, Holistic Medicine including Acupuncture, Rehabilitation, and Surgery including shadowing opportunities with a soft-tissue and orthopedic Board-Certified Veterinary Surgeon and a Board-Certified Veterinary Internal Medicine specialist.
Tender Care Veterinary Center understands that veterinary medicine is an ever-evolving field and enjoys partnering with multiple schools of veterinary medicine to provide students with a well-rounded externship experience where they can gain experience, knowledge, and confidence in the following areas:
- Client Relations: including history taking and communicating the medical examination process and recommendations to the client
- Legal, ethical, and moral challenges of veterinary medicine: including judgment, problem-solving, and long-term techniques for coping with the stresses associated with our profession
- Hospital Relations: including developing an understanding and appreciation for all positions within the hospital environment
- Diagnostic Recommendations and Interpretation
- Emergency Case Management
- Surgical Case Management including approach and technique
- Post-Surgical and Rehabilitation case management
- Integrative Veterinary Medical Approach
Students will have the opportunity to observe our staff veterinarians during medical and emergency visits, surgical procedures, and rehabilitation sessions. Students will be invited to develop diagnostic and treatment plans and will assist veterinarians and technical staff with monitoring patient progress.
Housing options may be available upon request.
For questions please email: email@example.com