Associate Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
The Associate Doctor of Veterinary Medicine works to maintain animal health by diagnosing and treating diseases and injuries. The Associate Doctor of Veterinary Medicine is to make every effort to help improve the quality of care given to the patients of Tender Care Veterinary Center.
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Degree
Current Colorado State Veterinary License
New graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Work requires lifting and carrying animals, can use aid i.e. gurney, stretcher (will be assisted by other staff members in lifting animals over 40lbs). Walks or stands for extended periods of time; frequently works in a bent position
- Working conditions: May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal feces/ urine. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.
- Examine animals to determine the overall health status of the animal and identify and diagnose any underlying disease or injury.
- Provide a treatment plan for sick or injured animals including prescribing medication(s), treating wounds, performing surgery, or other therapies.
- Inoculate animals against various diseases.
- Collect body tissue, feces, blood, urine, or other body fluids for examination and analysis.
- Recommend laboratory procedures and diagnostic tests including hematology, parasitology, blood chemistry, radiographs, ultrasound, cytology, and urine analysis and interpret all results..
- Operate diagnostic equipment, such as radiographic and ultrasound equipment.
- Oversee the administration anesthetics and patient anesthesia monitoring by the CVT/VA, perform surgery, and oversee the monitoring of patients during recovery.
- Follow hospital guidelines for creating treatment plans for hospitalized and post-surgery patients.
- Oversee patient discharge to clients to ensure proper patient treatment is provided by the owner following discharge.
- Provide client education on various aspects of animal care, husbandry, treatment, and zoonotic disease prevention.
- Complete client follow-up including recommending medical progress exams when appropriate.
- Humanely euthanize animals.
- Complete through medical documentation of patient exams, diagnostics, treatments, surgical procedures and recommendations.
- Assist with training and supervision of technical team members; as needed.
- Communicate and interact with clients and employees in a professional manner at all times.
- Participate in business development by providing insight and innovation to management and/or ownership.
- Attend monthly staff meetings, DVM meetings, Leadership meetings, and in-house training.
- Perform other duties assigned.